Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, where a lot of us focus on our sweetheart.
But I’m suggesting you (also) focus on your sweet heart. Here’s one way to do that:
Sweet Heart Practice
- Stand tall, close your eyes and bring a sense of inner smile to your mouth and eyes. Enjoy for 30 seconds or more.
- Now feel that inner smile–that sense of soft delight–deep into your brain. Enjoy for 30 seconds or more.
- Open your arms out wide with palms up, slightly lift your chin and feel inner smile at the heart. Enjoy for 30 seconds or more.
- Cross your arms over your heart, drop your chin like you are gazing into your heart (eyes still closed) and mentally ask your heart what it wants to tell you today. Listen without judgment or comment–with a sense of tenderness.
- Thank your sweet heart. Then repeat the asking, listening and thanking 2 more times.
Your heart always knows. But you have to be quiet to hear it.
Thank you, sweet heart!